Saturday, 15 March 2014

The Unpublished Edit: Fuller Bust Brands that Make my Heart Flutter (Part Two)

This is the second instalment of my fuller bust brand series for The Unpublished Girl and I have some more treats for you fuller busted gals in the form of one particularly lust-worthy brand that (thank the Lord) stock higher than a DD.  Today I am focussing on one brand, previously mentioned on the blog: Gossard. Gossard is a brand that I trust and adore for their craftsmanship, fit and fashion-forward credentials.  So let's get stuck right in.....read on for lingerie loveliness ladies!

Gossard

Gossard - an oldie but such a goodie! The brand is over one hundred years old and has won lingerie accolades in many forms and on numerous occasions over its long time in the industry.  The company was originally American when it was launched by Henry Williamson Gossard in 1901 however in the 1930's Gossard became a British company (Gossard, 2014).  Gossard have launched many stand out products throughout the years - pioneering 'Silkskin' in the 1950's, their Superboost range and my ultimate favourite (seriously I need to own one of these - mentally adds to my ever-growing lingerie wish list) the Glossies range - sheer soft-cup, glossy loveliness for the fuller cup.  This range was originally launched in the 1970's going up to a DD in an acknowledge that at the time women's busts were becoming fuller.  Gossard relaunched the Glossies range in 2011 with the very tongue-in-cheek tagline 'Who said a woman can't get pleasure from something soft?'. The range now boasts a size range up to and including a G cup and is available in an array of fashion forward colours - I just love them!

Gossard Glossies Collection in Mocca
Image source here
Gossard Glossies Collection in Aqua
Image source here
Gossard Glossies Collection in Coral
Image source here
Now the credentials.  The Glossies range stocks two bra options: one soft and unmoulded (despite the website saying moulded - I have seen photos of this bra not on a mannequin or a person and it is definitely a soft cup) which retails at £26.00 and the other padded which retails at £29.00.  The range has a fantastic size offering; 30B-G, 32A-G, 34A-G, 36A-G, 38B-G in the soft cup bra and a more limited range in the padded bra (as expected); 30D-E, 32A-E, 34A-E, 36A-E, 38B-E - not really sure why the smaller 30 back cups (A-C) are not available in this style as this style of bra would be perfect for these sizes.  The colours are spot on with in-season coral (see above), classic black, white, beige, mocca (see above) and brighter tones in the form of red and aqua (see above).  I would really love more colours and a nude bra for a darker skin tone too - remember nude is not beige!  The bras have three pant options (not in all colours though - annoying!) in the form of a thong (£10.00), a classic cut short (£12.00) and a deep high waisted short (£20.00) all available in sizes XS-XL.  I am very impressed with this range and really hope they keep it in their collections for a long time.  The fashion forward nature of this range really sets my heart racing - soft cup bras can get a bad rap sometimes but this range proves that soft cups can be very, very sexy indeed and on trend!  Well done Gossard!

Now the Gossard love-in does not stop there.  The brand boasts lots of fantastic ranges that also have size offerings worth shouting about: Bridal, Swimwear, Luxury Lace to name but a few and the final range I will be talking about today from Gossard - Retrolution!  I know, I know I have spoke about it before but its beauty is beyond words and I just get so damn happy when I look at the images, the style, the colours and the size range is lust-worthy to say the least.  The new pink colour - yes, yes, yes!  Please keep it coming Gossard! Now you are thinking - what is she raving about now?  Look below at these images ladies - just look!

Gossard Retrolution in Scarlet
Image source here
Gossard Retrolution Collection in Blush and Black
Image source here
Yes - I know, it is beyond words.  Before I jump into the credentials, I will get the hard part over with and break the news that most of the pieces are only available up an E cup but....BUT the full support option worn by the model on the left hand side in the photo directly above is available up to and including a G cup and it is a damn fine bra especially with all the matching loveliness you can get to go with it (wait for the close ups coming up below).  Now let's crack on with the credentials.  The Retrolution range offers two bra options: The Retrolution Staylo Plunge Bra which is worn by the two models on the right hand side in both photos above (Scarlet and then Black underneath).  This bra is available in Scarlet (Pink), Black, Blush and Ivory (on the Bridal section of the Gossard website) and retails at £42.00.  The size range of this bra has me a little disappointed as on one hand it does seem to offer a delightful 30D-G, 32A-G, 34A-G, 36A-G, 38B-G in the Black and Blush options which I couldn't be more than happy about until I realised that all sizes F and upwards are sold out - please re-stock this Gossard as it is such a gorgeous bra for the fuller bust that I know a lot of my lovely readers would love to get their hands on!  And to add to my disappointment the Staylo Plunge Bra in Scarlet (that gorgeous pink hue you can't miss in the first image above) and Ivory - the brands Bridal offering for the bra have a restricted size range to 30D-E, 32A-E, 34A-E, 36A-E, 38B-E. This really does disappoint me but the next bra, I suppose makes up for it because it is so delightfully beautiful, has lots of matching gorgeousness and....AND it definitely goes up to a G! *Dances*


Gossard Retrolution Half Padded Bra and Brief in Blush
Image source here
Gossard Retrolution Half Padded Bra and Brief in Blush
Image source here

Gossard Retrolution Half Padded Bra and Waist Cincher in Black
Image source here
Gossard Retrolution Half Padded Bra and Waist Cincher in Black
Image source here
The beautiful bra above available in both Black and Blush is the Gossard Retrolution Half Padded Bra (p.s. this is not padded, I think the 'half padded' is referring to the half satin coverage of the cups - Gossard's wording on the website is sometimes a little misleading!) which retails at £36.00 and is available in a size range that makes me very, very happy - 30D-G, 32B-G, 34B-G, 36B-G, 38B-G! Finally!  Now it's matching bottom time and a little added extra (only up to an E I am sorry but for those that fall into the A-E size range rejoice in the beauty of this piece).

First up is the Retrolution Brief available in Black, Ivory, Blush and Scarlet at the retail price of £16.00 and in sizes XS-XL.  I love the allure of these briefs at the front with gorgeous lace and side detailing but best of all - the lovely full, smooth back of the brief that just looks so super comfortable and would be virtually invisible underneath your clothing!



Gossard Retrolution Staylo Plunge Bra and Brief in Black
Image source here
Gossard Retrolution Staylo Plunge Bra and Brief in Black
Image source here
Next up is the Retrolution Thong shown in the colour Ivory which retails at £14.00 available in sizes XS-XL. This is a simple lace thong which is very understated in its beauty yet intricate in its detail.

Gossard Retrolution Bridal Staylo Strapless and Thong in Ivory
Image source here
Gossard Retrolution Bridal Staylo Strapless and Thong in Ivory
Image source here
The final matching bottom is my personal favourite as it is super high-waisted which I adore and just looks so beautiful with the matching bras plus it has suspenders attached - bonus!  I really adore the detailing at the back and smooth finish - well done Gossard on this retro yet modern piece in the collection.  The Gossard Retrolution Waist Cincher retails at £40.00 and is available in sizes XS-XL and the full colour range: Black, Ivory, Blush and Scarlet.


Gossard Retrolution Staylo Plunge Bra and Waist Cincher in Scarlet
Image source here
Gossard Retrolution Staylo Plunge Bra and Waist Cincher in Scarlet
Image source here
And my little bonus piece for you all (apologies again that it only goes up to an E cup and regrettably only starts at a 32 back but it was too beautiful not to include!) the Retrolution Slip retailing at £69.00 available in sizes 32B-E, 34B-E and 36B-E and in all of the ranges colours: Black, Ivory, Scarlet and Blush.  Take a breathe!


Gossard Retrolution Slip in Scarlet
Image source here
Gossard Retrolution Slip in Scarlet
Image source here
O yes - yes, yes, yes! It is such a beauty I know! *Adds to lingerie wishlist instantly*

Overall, I feel Gossard are a really fantastic brand for fashion forward lingerie with a great size range.  The diversity of the brand with swimwear, bridal and stunning fashion collections make this brand a go-to for fuller busted (and smaller busted!) ladies!  I feel like Gossard have a slight stigma about them in the sense that they are associated with being a little old-fashioned which may be down to their long heritage in the industry.  The reason I say this is because it is what I thought until I really looked into the brand in more depth and was the response of many of my friends and family when I asked what their thoughts were on the brand.  I really hope this post helps to shake this image because Gossard - if you are reading this - you are doing a damn fine job with your current collections and especially your lingerie shoots.  The imagery for the Glossies and Retrolution collections are my favourites by far and really add a fashion forward spin to the lingerie which just has me dancing around in excitement, heart pounding and all!  Keep up the good work Gossard - really loving what you are doing!

I hope you have enjoyed the second instalment of my fuller bust brand series - there is more to come, don't you fret ladies!

Speak soon,
Claire x

p.s. let me know your thoughts by commenting below and getting in contact via my social media channels: Pinterest, Instagram, Bloglovin and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment