Saturday, 1 March 2014

The 'Unpublished' Edit: Fuller Bust Brands that Make my Heart Flutter (Part One)

I was requested by one of my readers to dedicate a post to brands that cater to the fuller bust.  Now, I could list lots and lots of great brands famous for their size range that are available in your local department stores (Fantasie and Freya) and on the high street (Bravissimo and Boux Avenue) however in true 'unpublished' style I wanted to create an edit of brands that cater for fuller busts that may be unknown to some of my readers.  While on my search for brands, I had only two criteria that I required from the brand 1) they needed to have a fantastic size range especially for the fuller bust and 2) my heart had to skip a beat when I saw them - that makes these brands 'unpublished'!

I initially tried to squeeze this into one post but there are just so many brands I want to talk about and I really want to go into detail about the companies and their best selling products to illustrate their contribution to the fuller bust market.  I hope you enjoy reading today's post and hope it helps you find some new lust-worthy lingerie too!

Claudette:

If you read my previous post on Valentine's Day inspiration (if not read it here) you may have heard of Claudette before but now I get to take the time to tell you a little bit about the brand and show you some more of the beauties they have to offer.  Claudette are an American brand that launched in 2011 with a fantastic marketing campaign with the tag line 'Your new favourite bra'.  The brand are dedicated to offering their customers lingerie that is available in 'sensational colours and styles with amazing style' (Claudette, 2014).  The brand have established a following for their Dessous Bra which is a full-support underwired bra available in a wide variety of eye-opening colours with contrasting trims available in sizes 28D-G, 30A-G, 32A-G, 34A-G, 36B-G and 38B-G.  With gorgeous new lines including their Sophia Icon Bra and Paramour Bra available in the same brilliant size range.

Claudette Dessous Set in Mauve
Image from Love Letters from Claudette
Claudette Dessous Bra in American Tan
Image from Love Letters from Claudette
Claudette Sophia Icon Bra from AW13 Campaign
Image from Love Letters from Claudette
Claudette Paramour Set in Garnet
Image from Love Letters from Claudette
The downfall: the availability in the UK.  The brand is available on ASOS in the UK but the size range is restricted to 30DD-G, 32A-G, 34A-G, 36B-G and 38C.  Yes the brand is available via other means e.g. websites abroad but the tax fees for postage are unpredicatble and it makes for a messy returns process.  I am not the only one to recognise the hard-to-come-by nature of this brand in the UK, Mariëlle Salh author of the blog Petite and Plentiful started a campaign called 'Operation Claudette 28"' where Mariëlle Salh encourages her readers to contact lingerie stockists and let them know of the demand for Claudette in it's full size range.  I totally agree with Mariëlle Salh if we, the customers, do not let lingerie stockists know that we want a brand in a certain size how can we expect it to suddenly appear on their website?  Once companies are aware of the demand for a certain size or product, they will then consider stocking it.

Elle Macpherson Intimates:

This brand is brought to you by the Australian supermodel Elle Macpherson who quickly became known as 'The Body' for her numerous appearances on the cover of Sports Illustrated.  Elle Macpherson Intimates has grown from strength to strength in Great Britain and Australia however I feel the recognition of the brand has gone a little quiet of late and I want to take the opportunity to shout about it!

The designs offered by Elle Macpherson Intimates are pretty, romantic twists on classics with the odd full-on Classic Seductress offering thrown in for good measure.  The line boasts lingerie, nightwear and maternity bras (created when Elle Macpherson struggled to find great looking maternity bras when nursing her children).  Now let's talk size range...do not get me wrong, some of the bras a restrictive in size range and cater up to DD only however the brand does offer a range of bras that go up to a G cup that do not compromise of style.  The 'Dentelle Underwired Bra' is by far the companies best seller based on the range of colours it is available in and it's reappearance each season.
Elle Macpherson Intimates
Dentelle Underwired Bra (B-G) in Slate Grey/Saffron
Image from Figleaves
Elle Macpherson Intimates
Dentelle Underwired Bra (B-G) in Black/Insignia Blue
Image from Figleaves
Elle Macpherson Intimates
Dentelle Underwired Bra (B-G) in Insignia Blue/Pagoda
Image from Figleaves
The Dentelle underwired bra by Elle Macpherson Intimates is vintage-inspired with ribbon, Dentelle lace and bow detailing and as I mentioned before it is available in a array of romantic colour combinations with the classic white and black available too (a bonus).  The bra retails at £36.00 on Figleaves.com and has matching bottoms in the form of a the Dentelle thong £21.00 and Dentelle short £23.00.  Personally I love the use of lace in this bra, it brings beauty to the bust when worn and the delicate choice of colours compliments it's feminine form and vintage nature.

Elle Macpherson Intimates
Gentle Jade Bra (D-G) in Gray Dawn/Sunny Lime
Image from Figleaves
Elle Macpherson Intimates
Jade Lace Underwired Bra (D-G) in Gray Dawn/Sunny Lime
Image from Figleaves
Another fuller bust bra that Elle Macpherson Intimates offer is the Gentle Jade Underwired Bra retailing at £38.00 on Figleaves.com.  This bra is all lace over the cups and I just love, love, love when bras are lace soft cups - I just think it looks fantastic and creates a great natural, round shape to the bust when worn.  The colour ways offered again are of a romantic nature with a hit of fashion forward in their Estate Blue/Fushia Pink combination.  The size range of this bra is 32D-G, 34D-G, 36D-G, 38D-FF which is great but certainly not fantastic.  I just loathe when brands do not start in a 30 back, not just because this is my back size but I just know how many girls are out there that are lost where to find bras after finding out they are a 30 back from a bra fitting - rant over.  The bra has matching bottoms in the form of the Gentle Jade bikini brief retailing at £25.00 on Figleaves.com and the Gentle Jade thong retailing at £23.00 on Figleaves.com.

Overall from Elle Macpherson the offerings for fuller bust ladies could be better however they still offer a couple of romantic and vintage-inspired bras that range up to a G with some very pretty colour combinations - definitely worth a look my lovelies!

Pour Moi?

Pour moi? launched in 2005 and has been growing ever since with its launch of swimwear in 2007 making a splash (literally) for the company and seriously putting it on the map.  It is stocked in over 200 independent businesses and big brands like Figleaves, Simply Be, Simply Yours, ASOS and Bravissimo.  Despite this, I personally have not heard much about the brand so thought it would be great to give them a mention because the brand's size range is WOW (the only word for it).  While browsing on the Pour Moi? website, it was to my sheer delight that when I clicked on the browse size button it showed me a pull down bar with the following sizes: 28DD-G, 30A-J, 32A-J, 34A-J, 36A-J, 38B-J, 40B-J, 42B-J and 44B-J.  O yes - that just happened!  That is one hell of a size range and for swimwear too - I am impressed Pour Moi?  However (o how I did not want there to be a however) once I clicked on some sizes to see what was available 30J (one option), 28F (no options), 30DD (more but not expansive) I started to feel a little led on with the initial size range boasted by the pull down bar.  I also personally feel that the brand image is a bit all over the place, there is one range that wows me like seriously wows me (more on this later) but the other ranges are really not my cup of tea.  Now it is not just that they are not to my taste because lets face it we all have different tastes when it comes to underwear but when I view each range I see a different customer set for each bra - it all feels a bit like they are trying to cover too many bases and in that they have lost their identity.  I personally feel this is a shame as the company has such good intentions with their cracking size range offering and their expansion into lingerie sized swimwear (still a serious gap in the lingerie market).  This all being said, there is one collection from the brand that made me stop and click on the ASOS and Figleaves website when researching the brand.  The collection is called 'Addicted' and boy am I addicted!  The range includes the Addicted Half Cup Bra available in Black or Red (the black colour way is my favourite) retailing at £28.00 available in a beautiful size range: 30D-G, 32B-G, 34B-G, 36C-G, 38D-G, 40D-G.  With matching bottoms available in the form of the Addicted G-string £12.00, the Addicted Strappy Brief £14.00 and the truly gorgeous Addicted Suspender £16.00.  I really love the strapping detailing on these pieces and it so reminiscent of some higher-end brands, it is great to see something so provocative in a fantastic size range! Pour Moi? if you are reading this - more styles like this please - this is by far what the market is missing!

Pour Moi Addicted B-FF Half Cup Bra
Pour Moi?
Addicted Half Cup Bra in Black
Image from ASOS
Pour Moi Addicted Suspender
Pour Moi?
Addicted Suspender Belt and Thong in Black
Image from ASOS
Pour Moi Addicted Strappy Brief
Pour Moi?
Addiected Strappy Brief in Black
Image from ASOS
Pour Moi?
Addicted Full Set in Black
Image from ASOS
Pour Moi?
Addicted Half Cup Bra and Thong in Red
Image from ASOS
Pour Moi Addicted Suspender
Pour Moi?
Addicted Suspender and Thong in Red
Image from ASOS
Honestly - this set is just gorgeous, the images are beautiful and the suspender belt and thong combination is so detailed and....wow!  I am lost for words!  Overall, despite my thoughts on the loss of the brands identity in its efforts to cover possibly too many bases I still would highly recommend this brand for fuller bust lingerie and swimwear especially - I know how hard it is to find figure flattering underwear that supports and is available in lingerie sizes.  The price points are just heavenly too!

I hope you have enjoyed reading my first instalment of my fuller bust 'unpublished' brand series!

Speak soon,
Claire

p.s. keep up to speed with my blog and daily antics on Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin and Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment