Sunday, 30 March 2014

Fuller Bust Brands that Make my Heart Flutter (Part Three - Final Part)

Well hello there my lingerie lovers! Don't I have a treat for you today? It is the third and final part of my fuller bust brand series (read Part 1 here and Part 2 here if you missed them) and today's picks are two relatively under the radar brands (see what I am going for here - unpublished....you get me) Miss Mandalay and Lulu Tout.  I know you are just going to love them and ladies, as promised in this series the size ranges are exquisite!  So let's jump straight into the lingerie goodness...enjoy!

Miss Mandalay
Miss Mandalay is a brand all about the fuller bust.  It was created by Lorraine Morton (Founder and Creative Director) who still to this day, since their launch in 2005, fits the first prototypes for the bras that Miss Mandalay creates.  Lorraine Morton was and still is "a woman with a large bra cup size" (Miss Mandalay, 2014) who thrives to design fuller busted underwear for woman "who want stylish and great fitting intimates in large cup sizes" (Miss Mandalay, 2014).  The brand describes itself as making "fashionably different lingerie and swimwear in large cup sizes" (Miss Mandalay, 2014) and boy do they have a size range for us!  Creating bras and swimwear for 28"-38" backs and C-HH cup sizes, this brand really do have a lot to shout about and it wasn't long until big name publications like Vogue, Tatler, Glamour and Cosmopolitain, to name but a few, were all featuring the brand.  Today I am going to showcase my top picks from the Miss Mandalay website and demonstrate the desirability of this brand for the fuller busted woman who doesn't want to compromise on style or support!

First up is the Miss Mandalay Paris Cobalt Blue Balcony Bra which retails at £39.00 and boasts a size range of 28GG-HH, 30C-HH, 32C-HH, 34C-HH, 36C-HH and 38E-HH - yes indeed ladies, this just happened!  To match there is the Miss Mandalay Paris Cobalt Blue Ruche Brief which is a semi-sheer classic brief with a gathered mesh back featuring a satin trim and bow at the centre front retailing at £23.00 available in sizes XS-XL.  Also available (o I do love two pant options!) is the Miss Mandalay Paris Cobalt Blue Thong which is a classic thong in a semi-sheer fabric with satin trim and bow at the centre front and back with a delicate keyhole at the back waistline, this piece retails at £21.00 and is available in sizes XS-L. The range is also available in hot pink (super gorgeous) and black (classic - but the website is low on sizes unfortunately!).  So you want to see it?  Scroll down ladies!

Miss Mandalay Paris Cobalt Blue Balcony Bra
Image source here
Miss Mandalay Paris Cobalt Blue Range
Image Source here
This set catches my eye with its classic, simple yet stylish vibes.  The bright blue colour is a pleasant change from the bog-standard white, black, beige underwear which predominately fills the aisles in high street department stores.  The satin trim and classic bow adds a sleek and structured feel in a very fashion forward manner.  Defining the shape and accentuating the curves beneath - this is a piece that could be worked for everyday with its no fuss detailing and could definitely be worked under a white vest for a look-at-me nod to the underwear as outwear trend (more on this in a future post).

Next up on my Miss Mandalay must-haves is the Miss Mandalay Amelie Paprika Black Balconette Bra which retails at £46.00 and is available in a very sizeable size range (I had to - I am sorry!) which goes something like 28F-G, 30E-GG, 32E-GG, 34E-GG, 36E-GG....mmmmm....now we are talking!  To match there is the Miss Mandalay Amelie Paprika Black String which retails at £30.00 available in sizes XS-L. The Amelie Paprika Black Brief is the second pant option for this range retailing at £28.00 available in sizes XS-XL.  This range is also available in a Navy/Black colour way which is much more subtle that this option but I am just a sucker for some bright eye-catching colours!  Just wait until you see.....

Miss Mandalay Amelie Paprika Black Balconette Bra
Image source here
Miss Mandalay Amelie Paprika Black Range
Image source here
For me, the selling point of this set bar its beautiful size range is its eye-catching colour way and the black stretch-lace cups.  I just love lace cups, there is nothing more seductive in my eyes.  The paprika orange satin and black lace create a contrast that draws the eyes and would certainly make me want to pick it out my lingerie drawer in the morning and wear it - with some attitude of course! This bra calls for some attitude! I really love the framing of the cups with the paprika satin creating a beautiful shape for the bust.  Miss Mandalay is a recent discovery for me but I am so glad I stumbled upon this gem of a brand for its size ranges, colours and beautifully crafted underwear.  Let me know in the comments or tweet me @unpublishedgirl if you have sampled Miss Mandalay before or are just loving this recommendation!

Lulu Tout
Now we all know that Figleaves is a one-stop shop for beautiful lingerie brands including Chantelle, Freya, Elle Macpherson and Lepel to name but a few however I feel sometimes the companies own-brand exclusive offerings are somewhat overlooked.  Lulu Tout, a lingerie brand exclusive to Figleaves.com, is one that is seriously worth checking out for its beautiful, romantic lingerie offerings in an even more beautiful size range.  The range offers classic shapes with romantic, timeless embroidery and detailing in subtle to bright and bold colours in a size range that is eye-wateringly good.  With bras available in 30" - 38" back sizes and A-H cups, this is certainly a brand that I was very happy to stumble upon on the Figleaves website.  I have picked my two favourite bras from the fuller bust range currently available at Figleaves.com.  I just can't wait any longer - you NEED to see these!

First up is the Lulu Tout Amelie (apparently a popular name for a bra!) Underwired Bra (DD-H) available in Black and Electric Blue at a very sumptuous price of £24.00.  The bra is available in sizes 30E-H, 32DD-H, 34DD-H, 36DD-H and 38DD-G.  Also available (a very nice touch from the brand may I say) is a smaller bust option in the form of the Lulu Tout Amelie Balcony Bra which retails at the same price of £24.00 and is available in the following size range: 30" - 38" A-DD.  I really like the brands effort to not restrict its target market yet at the same time recognising that both size ranges require different styles due to differing design requirements for fuller/smaller bust bras.  Available to match is the Lulu Tout Amelie Short retailing at £16.00 in sizes 8-18 and the Lulu Tout Amelie Thong retailing at £15.00 in sizes 8-16.  So let's take a look at this beautiful offering....

Lulu Tout Amelie Range in Black
Image source here
Lulu Tout Amelie Underwired Bra (DD-H) in Black
Image source here
Lulu Tout Amelie Range in Electric Blue
Image source here
Lulu Tout Amelie Underwired Bra (DD-H) in Electric Blue
Image source here
I really adore the romantic, Parisian inspired Lookbook that Lulu Tout have created for the brand.  I also adore this bra!  The Amelie Underwired Bra (DD-H) really is a beaut!  As a sucker for some classic black lingerie, I do favour the black one over the blue - the blue is a little too turquoise for me but nonetheless a beautiful bra all the same.  The delicate spot embroidery over the cups is beautiful but my favourite part has to be the seamed casing around the cups.  It adds drama and structure to the cups which I am just head over heels for and to my delight is a heavy feature of the Lulu Tout brand.  The price point for this bra is excellent for the size range and design and the feedback on Figleaves.com for the range is great with lots of fuller busted women happy with their selection and with a resounding agreement that it is tight on the back so maybe bump up a back size and down a cup to purchase this little lovely in your alternative size!  Now with seamed casing and a little more romance I continue to....the Fleur Rose Range from Lulu Tout.

This range is definitely the more romantic from the selection of Lulu Tout available from Figleaves.com but who doesn't love a little bit of romance?  The Lulu Tout Fleur Rose Underwired Bra (DD-H) retailing at £24.00 is available in Nude/Black or Purple both lovely but I really do love the classic tones of the Nude/Black option and the black seam casing around the bust is to-die-for!  The bra is available in sizes 30E-H, 32DD-H, 34DD-H, 36DD-G and 38DD-G and just like the Amelie range the Fleur Rose range also offers a balcony bra suitable for the smaller bust in sizes 30"-38" A-DD in the form of the Fleur Rose Balcony Bra (A-DD) which retails also at £24.00.  To match is the Fleur Rose Short which retails at £16.00 in sizes 8-18 and the Fleur Rose Thong retailing at £15.00 in sizes 8-16.  I just love the romance of this set.....
Lulu Tout Fleur Rose Range in Purple
Image source here
Lulu Tout Fleur Rose Underwired Bra (DD-H)
Image source here
Lulu Tout Fleur Rose Range in Neutral/Black
Image source here
Lulu Tout Fleur Rose Underwired Bra (DD-H)
Image source here
I am not really a huge fan of roses or flowers on bras but with the contrast of the fashion-forward seamed casing of the cups I think the contrast creates just enough fashion-forward bite for me to like it.  I really like the classic bow in the middle along with the discreet yet alluring keyhole cut out on the centre front or gore. The shape of the bra is great for support, high enough to smooth all of the bust in yet low enough to still create some shape for wearing under tops.  The straps are decorative and would look sweet on show under a strappy top for a little bit of something extra - who says underwear can't add to an outfit? No one!  Again the price point of this bra is very seductive and the online reviews are generally in a positive light about the bra and the brand as a whole.  I really do think Lulu Tout is worth a look if you are looking for romantic yet chic bra sets that are available in a fuller bust size range - Figleaves.com you really have delivered yet again! Well done!

I really do hope you have enjoyed this mini-series on my fuller bust brand recommendations (catch up on Part 1 here and Part 2 here if you missed them).  Now many of you who have read my blog before will know that I am not a fuller busted gal myself (I wear a 28DD/30D depending on the brand and style) however I used to wear a 30G and am well aware of the needs of a fuller busted woman with regards to support and the struggle to find support and style in a bra!  I have fitted many, many women over the years from small busted to fuller busted and feel that I have developed enough knowledge to now help some of you out there as to where to find some lingerie treats and offer some lingerie advice also!  On this note please let me know if there is anything you would like me to blog about in the comments below or by tweeting me @unpublishedgirl - I can't wait to hear what you all think!

Speak soon,
Claire x

Come and follow my daily antics and keep up to date with my blog posts over on Bloglovin, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest!  Hope to hear from you all soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a 30G-GG depending on the style, I've not heard of these two brands so will be checking them out. Always on the hunt for nice bras that aren't ridiculously expensive!
    Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy my post has been of help to you, check out Parts 1 and 2 of my fuller bust series for more brands that stock your size! Thank you for commenting :) x

      Delete