Sunday, 16 February 2014

Mimi Holliday: Knickerbocker Glory Silk Crepe Cami and Silk Crepe Shorties Review

If you have read my previous blog posts you will know that I cannot rave about Mimi Holliday enough; so it was inevitable that my first purchase from the brand would be imminent.  And here it is......

Mimi Holliday Knickerbocker Glory
Silk Crepe Cami and Shorties
Image from: ASOS
Mimi Holliday Knickerbocker Glory
Silk Crepe Cami and Shorties
Image from: ASOS
The beautiful and playful Knickerbocker Glory Silk Crepe Cami and Silk Crepe Shorties caught my eye on ASOS (a great website for finding hard-to-find-on-the-high-street lingerie brands) and after much deliberation the purchase was made and it was winging its way to my front door.  On arrival I was a little disappointed with the packaging from ASOS (I will definitely purchase Mimi Holliday from the Mimi Holliday website next time).  My beautiful 100% silk items had been folded into the smallest clear square bags which made strong creases all over the cami and shorts.  Despite having to then attempt to remove the creases by carefully (and I mean carefully - this was like a military mission with the goal "Do not ruin the Knickerbocker Glory") ironing the items, I slipped them on and fell instantly in love.

Now I have my fair share of beautiful nightwear but the thing that struck me first and foremost about this set was its comfort.  The shorts are high-waisted and fasten at the back with a little snap button, the legs then flare out just slightly to skim over your hips (and trust me despite being a size 8 - I have hips and a bit of a bootylicious bottom going on) and finish covering the bottom and a little bit more.  What struck me about the shorts was that they did not dig in or pull at me even when I was walking around - they sat just comfortably on top of my hips with no pinching and slipped over my hips and bottom without any gathering of fabric or stretching of the silk.  And possibly most of all I love the room at the very bottom of the shorts - no pinching at the front ladies (you all know what I mean) with these lovely shorties!

Mimi Holliday Silk Crepe Knickerbocker Glory Shorties £46.00
Image from: Mimi Holliday
Mimi Holliday Silk Crepe Knickerbocker Glory Shorties £46.00
Image from: Mimi Holliday
The top is no exception.  The classic Mimi Holliday polka dot panel across the top of the cami sits over the upper half of the bust but not low enough to show any nipple (that would ruin it for me to be honest), the positioning over the bust makes the top then drape down over the rest of the bust and stomach in a relaxed but sophisticated manner.  The panel detail makes it so distinctive - I love where it sits, it just shows enough but not too much, it is so subtly seductive.  I love how the top is not tight fitting, I have a cami and short set I wore the other night and the top is made of tight satin (possibly I bought too small a size) but it is so uncomfortable to sleep in with it pinching here there and everywhere so this top is a blessing to me as it is unbelievably beautiful but so damn comfortable to wear!  The straps on the top are adjustable which are a must for me.  Nightwear typically comes in sizes XS-XL or dress sizes and with the use of adjustable straps (in my experience helping women select nightwear) this allows the nightwear to be accessable to more than just a couple of bust sizes and shapes.  This top, in my opinion, would be great for women with a little to a lot of bust as it does not have a specific section for the bust to sit, they can sit wherever they like underneath and the top will just skim over everything in its loose fitting fashion.  The top band around the top is also elasticated so it makes for easy wearing (pulling on and off) and comfort - I loathe when items are stitched in this area with a non-stretch fabric and you have to battle, almost dislocating your shoulders to try and pull it on then have to literally shove it over your bust and then breathe after all the huffing and puffing to get it on!

Mimi Holliday Silk Crepe Knickerbocker Glory Cami £95.00
Image from: Mimi Holliday
Mimi Holliday Silk Crepe Knickerbocker Glory Cami £95.00
Image from: Mimi Holliday
Overall, I love the look of this set.  It is in classic black so is flattering for many skintones and could be mixed up with other nightwear pieces or lingerie to create your own unique look.  The polka dot crepe detailing over the bust and at the bottom hem of the top and the shorts make this set playful and fun to wear without being too overly 'sexy'.  By far my favourite thing about this set is the ease of wear, it just feels so comfortable to wear, sleep in and lounge around in the next morning!  The Mimi Holliday Knickerbocker Glory Silk Crepe Cami retails at £95.00 and matching Knickerbocker Glory Silk Crepe Shorties retail at £46.00 - the price is justified through its beauty and the company motto - "Mimi always uses Pure Silk"!

I hope you have enjoyed reading this review - let me know what you think in the comments below!

Speak soon,
Claire x

p.s. come and follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin and Twitter for all things 'unpublished'!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I always prefer silk and satin clothing to wear at night. Recently I found a website which provide nice designer silk and cotton night wear for women Check http://www.lullabylavender.co.nz/ladies-nightwear

    ReplyDelete