Wednesday, 22 January 2014

The Secretive Nature of Lingerie: Your-unpublished-self

I think one of the reasons I fell in love with lingerie in the first place is its secretive nature.  I love the idea that what we put on under our everyday attire is our own personal secret.  This secret has the power to ignite an uplifted self-esteem, turn your walk into a strut and lets you give yourself a cheeky little smile in the mirror as you see what everyone else sees however you know what is really going down underneath (cheeky grin to self).  The knowledge that beneath your attire you are wearing a beautiful set of lingerie or a pair of hold-ups as opposed to your usual choice of boring old black tights can really change your attitude for the day.  Now ladies I do not want this post to be misinterpreted.  I am not at all saying that we need to dress seductively under our everyday 'uniform' to feel the secretive pleasure of wearing lingerie.  What I am saying is that making a conscious effort to wear a matching set one day, be it that unbelievably playful Mimi Holliday set you lusted over for months, finally caved and purchased or the most delicate and comfortable soft bra set from Eberjey, can make you feel more put together than usual.  To me, nice underwear and underwear that I love to wear completes an outfit even if you are the only one that knows and is going to see it.  Now if you do not have a clue what I am talking about, there is only one way to find out.  Next time you need a confidence boost or just feel like a bit of a pick-me-up and you are at a loss as what to do - slip on your favourite underwear set, your new underwear, your favourite pair of pants - something that just makes you feel extra special and then just go about your day as normal.  I hope you enjoy the pleasure of the secrets of your-unpublished-self.


Hope you have enjoyed reading,
Speak soon Claire x




No comments:

Post a Comment